Criminals do not observe the seasonal break! Make sure your premises are secure!
It makes sense to do these checks in a timely manner so that those who need to know are prepared. If the usual people are not going to be present, who deputises in the event of an emergency?
"Do they know what to do, who to contact, how to find essential information?"
Apart from telling your alarm monitoring service provider of your holiday schedule and when your premises are open and when they will be closed, here's our checklist of things you should do:
- Advise your alarm monitoring service provider of any changes in key holders or contact numbers over the holiday period.
- Review fire and intruder risks during these extended shutdowns and notify your alarm monitoring service provider of any additional hazards in the event of attendance by fire or police.
- Make sure that seasonal decorations or point of sale displays do not cause additional hazards, especially when the premises are empty. A falling decoration can trigger an intruder alarm detector, and no-one wants to be called out on Christmas Day for that!
- Consider risk of frost damage and flooding by checking any plumbing in the building as well as the shell of the building itself.
- Check the physical security of the building, as criminals do not observe the seasonal break! All your doors and windows should be secure and alarmed if possible.
Picaw are happy to assist in your holiday period preparations, and our engineers are available 24/7 to all of our customers throughout the holiday period.
"So you can relax and enjoy your holiday!"
From everyone at Picaw, we wish you all a peaceful Christmas break and a prosperous New Year. If you're at all worried about the security and safety of your office or building then do give us a call on 0845 287 3622 or send us an email to see how we can help you.